Vancouver Island Soccer Referees Association (VISRA) is an area association of the British Columbia Soccer Referees’ Association (BCSRA), a founding member of the Canadian Soccer Referees Association (CSRA).
All VISRA members are also members of both BCSRA and CSRA.
See us on Facebook!
The Objective of VISRA is:
- To foster and promote the highest possible standard of soccer refereeing within the geographic boundaries of Vancouver Island and Powell River.
- To improve the standard of soccer refereeing.
- To protect the welfare of the members from unjust or unfair treatment.
- To assist or take action (legal or otherwise) for and on behalf of any member unfairly or unjustly treated.
- To make such representations to the governing bodies as may be thought necessary for the good of the game and benefit of soccer referees and soccer refereeing.
- To assume the responsibility for any other matters regarding the duties and performance of refereeing soccer within the geographic boundaries of this Association.
- To assist in maintaining a steady supply of suitable candidates to take up refereeing.
- To educate members to a more complete understanding of the game of soccer
- To educate members to a more complete understanding their responsibilities as a referee.
Benefits of joining VISRA:
- Education at monthly VISRA meetings.
- Assessment reimbursement.
- Involvement in the VISRA Standardization program.
- Availability of a mentor system.
- Membership in both the BC Soccer Referees Association (BCSRA) and in the Canadian Soccer Referees Association (CSRA)
Cost to join VISRA:
(BCSRA and CSRA registration included)
BCSRA is the voice for all levels of Referee’s in British Columbia and is an advocate for all referees.
It’s membership consists of dedicated referees, instructors and/or assessors that are involved in the
game from the grass roots level all the way through to the Professional and International Levels.
The BCSRA holds Associate Membership with the BC Soccer Association, soccer’s provincial governing body, and representatives from the BCSRA are members of BC Soccer’s Referee Development Committee.
As a member of the BCSRA, and especially as a member of a local Area Association, the referee has a place to present his or her thoughts, concerns, and ideas relating to refereeing matters, including the provincial development of themselves and his or her colleagues. It also allows the referee to be involved in advanced educational sessions, and in some areas, regularly scheduled training sessions.
Benefits of Registering with BCSA:
- Annual Refresher Clinic (mandatory to maintain status)
- Free insurance (value $3.00).
- Consideration for referee appointments at major games or tournaments such as B.C. Championships, B.C. Provincial Summer Games, Jackson Cup/Challenge Cup Tournaments, VISL games. etc.